Thursday, July 3, 2008

Landon's Due Date

Today was Landon's due date... but apparently he has other plans! No worries! I thought he might be a little stubborn so we scheduled an induction for tomorrow! So, here's our little adventure this week -
I went to my doctor's appointment on Tuesday at 3:10pm. Everything was looking good, I was 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. The doctor stripped my membranes to try and help me go into labor before the 4th. Two hours later I was experiencing pretty hard contractions that were only 2-5 minutes apart! Of course I got all emotional and Tyler and I finished packing the last minute items into our bags. We went to the hospital at 7pm completely confident that this was it!! Ha... NO! The contractions weren't helping me dilate! They were just hurting! So, after some routine business they were worried I might have warning signs of preclampsia so we were scheduled for some additional tests and an ultrasound for Thursday (today), and sent home - No Landon... :( and a small possibility of being induced on the 3rd!
Today we went in for the tests at 10. Somehow I have caught a head cold and I couldn't sleep all last night so the morning was somewhat miserable. Going to the hospital was not bad. Tyler and I hung out playing Phase 10 while Landon and I were being monitored! Fortunately, both of us are healthy, and unfortunately we were sent home - No Landon :(.
So, it looks like tomorrow is the day! We are so excited! My parents are coming and helping take care of Joe, Holli might be coming, and Tyler's family is also coming sometime! I'm so excited to be having the first Huish grand baby!! We'll see how it goes... but at least when we go to the hospital tomorrow we know that we'll be coming home with our little Landon! :)

4 comments:

Noelle said...

How exciting Heather!!! Well not so exciting for being late but that means you'll have you Independence baby! Good luck with everything and let me know I can do anything for you! Can't wait to see little Landon!

Trish @ Dream On Momma said...

Congratulations Heather and Tyler!! I am so happy for you two!!

Ashley W. said...

I'm hoping for your sake you have had that little one by now. I know how miserable it is to have your due date come and go and still be pregnant. I check every day to see if there is a new post that says Landon is here...I can't wait for it! If you need anything let me know. Good luck and hope to see new picts soon! :)

Kristen said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! How exciting! I can't wait to see him!! I hope everything went well!