Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our Sunday

I'm feeling inspired! It's 10:36 PM and I'm so tired, but I've been feeling guilty for not writing in a journal about Landon, so I figured that if I blog maybe I can copy and paste and somehow make up for it? Oh, well...
So, Landon was blessed on Sunday. It was so fun! All my family came and Tyler's parents and grandparents. Also, Tyler's mission president flew in, with his family (the Kirks), for the big day! :) We couldn't be happier to be surrounded by so many loved ones! It was so weird though, I felt nervous. I'm not even sure what I was nervous about, all I had to do was just sit there and listen. I think I'm now starting to feel like a mom! WOW! On, that note... I have so much more appreciation for mothers, I've always loved my mom and grandma, but now I feel like I am starting to really be able to understand and appreciate them more! :)
Back to Sunday... after Sunday school and visiting with the Kirk's for a bit we headed over to my Uncle Kevin's home to visit with family. After Landon woke up he was not happy. We figured that he was over stimulated, since my family is super loud when we get together, but after a very long night Tyler and I knew that something must be wrong with our little guy. Low and behold he has an ear infection, and a cold! :( I felt so bad for him. He's doing a lot better now, thank goodness. I feel so guilty to admit this, but since he's been on Tylenol I have been sleeping FANTASTIC! He eats around 6/6:30 and goes to sleep until around 3am! :) Then goes back to bed until 7am! :) Oh, bliss... Sleep!! How I have missed it! So, now I ask myself... what am I doing up still??? Goodnight!

5 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Ha ha aw Heather - that was so nice that you said that on my blog because RIGHT before that I blogged about how I never have anything to blog about and that my blogs are boring. So thanks! :)

Also - you should totally blog about anything you want like a journal because my friend showed me a site where you can actually turn your blog into a book...so that would be neat for you to look into so you can enjoy your blog posts down the road and show them to Landon when he's older (I'll tell you how to do it if you're interested).

Anyway, I loved reading your post - even without pics!!

Kacie said...

Your so funny! I know EXACTLY what you mean though. Sleep is so nice. the worst is when your babies are sick. you feel terrible and theres nothing you can do, and then you lose sleep from being up with them and then your grouchy. At least that is what happens with me though. Sounds like you are getting more sleep than I do with a sick baby. Tatum was a HORRIBLE sleeper (my 2 year old) But Gracie is SOOO good. Just has slept through the night from the beginning. So maybe you can look forward to that! I would totally love to get together when you come up! That would be so fun. Let me know when you are coming!

Brandis said...

Poor guy! I hope he's feeling better! Tyler did a great job on his blessing, that was really nice. It was kind of funny going to your ward. People were asking us if we were back. :)

Danielle Christene said...

Heather! I am glad you found me. I have been wondering if you had a blog, and I knew you were supposed to be having that little boy soon. He is such a cutie by the way! Congrats! It looks like you guys are doing amazing. It was so good to hear from you.

We are the delightfully happy Denhalters said...

Heather! you had a baby. I don't even know if you remember me. But I remember you and of course went to school with Tyler. It is good to see you two and your beautiful little Landon. Our sweet little one just had her baby blessing as well. Our kids will be super close in age... We should get together sometime. Joe and I are down here in Mesa also. ANyway congrats! good to see your blog!