Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference

I love General Conference!! This weekend was so wonderful! First of all, Landon has been sleeping through the night so I was well rested!! Saturday was so fun just staying home and hanging out with my boys! I really enjoyed watching conference. The talks were great! I really enjoyed talking with Tyler about the traits we admire in the leaders of our church! I also found exercises that Landon and I can do together and he loves them! Tyler and I were able to spend time studying for his upcoming marketing test. I love helping Tyler study, its nice to know that he needs and appreciates me plus I get to learn a little about things that Tyler is interested in! I love that Tyler gets so distracted by Landon! Its so cute to see Tyler at the table "studying" as he talks and smiles at Landon in his swing on the other side of the room. They are such great buddies!
Today we watched conference with some of our great friends, the Pitneys. They are so much fun! I was also able to get my cross-stitch pretty much completed. Ever since we had a mutual on how to cross-stitch I've been addicted! Since conference we have been home playing. Today Landon started to open-handedly (is that a word??) reach at his little infant gym thing. I'm so excited that he's figuring things out. He is such a blessing in our lives! We can't get enough of his smiles and giggles.
Honestly, its been a pretty hard 2 1/2 months. We could never figure out why Landon was always upset. So, here's Landon's medical history breakdown: He was born with a high level of jaundice and was on the billi-blanket for about 2 weeks. Shortly after Landon got an ear infection, poor little guy. Tyler got ear infections when he was little so I guess we will have to keep a close eye on him. At the same time he developed some kind of cold or allergies. When he started to throw up his meals we knew something else must be wrong. We took him in thinking that he had reflux, which he did have, and the doctor told me to try going off of dairy. So, I did that until the day that we moved... I accidentally had a piece of cheese on my sub sandwich!! Ahh... that was the day we discovered Landon was allergic to milk, poor little guy. Since then... he has been on medicine and we've started ailamentum (a super expensive formula for babies with allergies). Now, Landon smiles and plays! We love it! We have so much to be thankful for!

No comments: