Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Lovely Day at the Zoo

So, yesterday as I was getting ready to head over to work (AKA my aunt's house) she called me up to say that we were going to the Zoo! I love the zoo!! So I packed some sunscreen and extra food and headed out! We had so much fun... until Landon got grumpy...
Of course he started to scream and have a cow by the orangutans, the only exhibit that I was really anxious to see since there's a new baby orangutan. Needless to say... I did not see the baby. I was not too thrilled about that. Eventually, I realized that Landon was hungry... yep! It was all my fault! So I couldn't really be mad at him, I too would be pretty ticked if I was hungry and no one would feed me!
Here he is post-bottle! Back to being a happy camper! What a fun kid! At this point I decided that I would not be selling him to the zoo. Lucky.

These are two of my cousins! I spend 5 days a week with these cuties! Tyler (left) is 5 and Max (right) is 2. Tia (age 7) was off somewhere else at the time. I love these kids!

Apparently... So did this chipmunk! The little guy came right up to Tyler and took something out of his hands. Fascinating for all of us watching, scary for poor Tyler!

After the zoo we headed to Chili's to wait for rush hour traffic to subside and get some good food! Landon did great! Going off of no nap and staying up past his bedtime! Here's him and the wonderful spoon that kept him entertained almost the whole time we were eating! I enjoyed some chicken tacos and Landon enjoyed some tortilla bits and sliced Mandarin oranges! It was a super fun day! Thanks Shawnie!





2 comments:

Brandis said...

Looks like fun! Your cousins are so cute!

M&L said...

hey looked like you guys had fun. thanks for dinner the other night we should do it again sometime