Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our Hospital Stay





Last week was a week that I am so glad is over!! Landon had been dealing with RSV's close cousin like so many other kids are this time of year. I had read about it and determined that since it was viral so there was nothing that I could really do about it. I didn't really see a need to take him in to the doctor since antibiotics wouldn't have helped. But Monday he was having such a hard time breathing that he started choking on his food. I decided I better take him in to see if we could get him on some breathing treatments or something.... By the time we got to the doctor he was huffing and puffing like he had just run a marathon! They rushed him back and started breathing treatments right away... his oxygen level at was about 87%! So... shrinking my story... two more breathing treatments and 4 1/2 hours later we leave the doctors office and head to Mercy Gilbert hospital where Landon resides in a white metal crib for the next three days and I reside on the pull out couch! Believe it or not I somewhat enjoyed being in the hospital. I was able catch up on some needed reading and studying and I got a lot of one-on-one time with Landon, who by the way thoroughly enjoyed his stay!
We got home on Wednesday and things seemed to be okay until Friday when I got the flu. There's nothing like taking care of a baby when you can't get out of bed. :( Thank goodness Tyler took him to work with him!! I love my wonderful husband! Too bad he caught the flu later that night too! Poor guy. It was just a nasty week. I think the most frustrating thing is Landon loosing his appetite and having to try to get fluids in him. I didn't mind going to the hospital once, but I do not want to go again for a long time!!

5 comments:

Traci Butler said...

How sad! It's the worst having a sick baby who can't tell you what's wrong. Glad that's all over for you. Jack got sick with something like RSV too and had to make a trip to the hospital but they let him go after xrays and stuff. Your little boy is getting so big!

Trish @ Dream On Momma said...

Oh my! I am glad that Landon is doing better and hope you and Tyler are feeling better too.
miss you guys!!

Brenden+Nikki said...

whoo wee I will not complain about another tough week again! Heather! I'm glad everything is ok now but jeesh. What a week huh? I'm glad to see that Landon seemed to be quite happy despite his lack of oxygen. And I'm so sorry you are sick too. I hope you all feel better soon.

Brandis said...

Oh my goodness Heather, I'm sorry you had such a rough week! I hope you're all feeling better!

Reese said...

Did someone bring you dinner or anything? That's all I want to know.

You're amazing. I'm glad the hospital visit turned out to be a good bonding time - sort of like vacation or something? Only not very fancy. Bad bed. :P

You're awesome!!