Thursday, June 11, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

So this is just a putting it out there blog... please feel free to skip over and not read.

Moving has been wonderful. The house is fantastic! Painting is great... but super tiring... especially after helping my aunt watch a few extra kids for 10 days!! (although I did have Sunday off...) Arg... why don't 4 year olds listen? I'm all about the talking through things, reasoning, whatever... but nothing works! I hate that age! It baffles me that they can be so stubborn. I'm really hoping that this wears off before Landon hits that age. I've come to learn that it really is not so much a parenting thing as it is just an age thing. I'm sure that a lot of this animosity is also coming from be super exhausted from trying to keep up with them! Holy cow! Anyway....
I have been trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my life... I am currently pursuing my sociology degree and will be graduating in May... but then what? Do you know what a sociologist does? I sure don't. I still want to be a nurse but am dealing with the guilt of leaving Landon with a sitter for so many days all day long, and how can we afford that if I don't work, and there's no way I will be able to work in nursing school? Hmm....
I feel sometimes that I am not family oriented enough. I love Tyler and Landon and love being around them, but sometimes I just want to do more things outside of coming home and going to bed. I want to go on vacations with them, get out and do activities, go hiking... I want to be a fun mom and spontaneous wife. I'm so scared of becoming boring. I love reading other peoples blogs and seeing what they do with there kids but them am left feeling like a loser. Even as I am writing this I know it sounds incredibly dumb... so if you are reading please just tune out. I'm not a pessimistic person but I totally feel like venting! :) I know I should journal, but lets just not get started with that!
I feel like since we moved from our past ward we didn't make enough of an impression for anyone to care to keep in contact, which I'm sure is not completely the case. People have lives and they keep going. I am totally for change, there's just people that I wish I got to hang out with still.
I totally love our new ward! Everyone is super friendly and we both have callings now. I am serving in primary with the 7-8 years olds which is a great class!
We are sending Joe to Missouri to live with my grandma! Thanks Grandma Dulcie! He will be so happy roaming around free. Ahh... what a life!
So... I am resolved to exercise and be more creative with my time with Tyler and Landon (please give any and all suggestions for fun family activities). There we go. This was a great post.
OH! Last but not least... I sure hope that Jake does NOT get kicked off the Batchelorette... I was telling my aunt this when she pointed out that I feel this way because Jake is just like Tyler... A straight laced, super nice and compassionate guy... and he's Smokin' Hot!! :) I love Tyler... and I love realizing that he is so perfect for me! :)

10 comments:

M&L said...

You crack me up! I love venting posts, it is always nice to not feel alone! I love being home with Gianna but I always want to get out and do thing too. But I am having trouble finding my groove with taking a baby places. We should all get together again sometime! And I am glad that you found Joe a good home!

Noelle said...

Heather you are sooooooooo not boring! You are so fun! Just think about tonight...we're gonna have a blast! I'm sorry you are feeling a little bit down. I get that way a lot. Just know that you did make an impression...at least on the Lewis family! We love you guys! Honestly though, outside of Jacob, you are my best friend. I love to come to you for advice about Talmage because I know you know EXACTLY what I'm going through...pretty much. Thanks for staying in touch with me even though you have a busy life. You're such a good friend to me! I look up to you Heather! You are wonder mom and super wife! I don't know how you keep it all together. You're AMAZING! I love ya! See you tonight on our HOT double date!

Kacie said...

You are too dang funny Heather! i know EXACTLY what you mean. I see on everyone's blogs what fun they have and things they get to go do with the husbands. And it makes me feel worthless! I dont ever get to do anything. KOby must think I am so boring. But everything costs money. Even to just go camping or somethin'(food, gas, tents) But I am just going to have to make myself do something because it makes the best memories just being spontanious and it helps you fell better. At least for a little while. Ok, so I am ADDICTED to bachelor. I even make sure I have work off every monday. I am ridiculous. I have been this way for years. I love Jake too! I really like Ed also. So glad David is gone. And she needs to get rid of Wes! Try to cheer up! Let me know if there is anything i can do for you!

Jacob and Ashley said...

I think we all are in the same boat as you Heather. When I think about it, the only things I really post on my blog are things that are out of the ordinary and were fun/interesting, I am guessing that is the case for almost everyone else, but in reality my life is pretty dull and I wish it were a whole lot more interesting... more like yours (based off of your blog of course) :).

Brenden+Nikki said...

You know it's funny that you posted this because just yesterday I was thinking "I really miss Heather." which is funny because I didn't know you for THAT long but you should know that you did make an impression on me! It's probably just that everyone us just as HORRIBLE as me at keeping in touch. In fact I was going to ask you for advice about how to juggle a new baby and a calling in young women. I'm so nervous about learning how to balance the two. Can you believe I only have 45 more days? And finally- totally feel ya on wanting to be a spontaneous fun wife. It's so hard when you're in school though. Just hang in there! You guys will have more free time before you know it!

Lori and Trevor said...

Heather this is Lori Farnsworth, it has been a long time, i came across you blog somehow, where are you living? i have a blog but it is private so email me and I will add you to it. it is lorintrevor@gmail.com

The Williamson's said...

Hey Huish Family! This is Amy Williamson your old neighbor :)(I saw your blog on Yolanda's blog) I didn't even know you guys were moving until we saw the moving trucks! Im glad that you guys are loving the new house! and don't worry you are very missed in the Gateway ward :) I know how you feel, I like to call it new mom syndrome it's hard getting used to the new life and figuring out how to fit everything in and still have fun. I'm sure you do a great job, your family always looks happy so that must mean you are doing something right. :)

Brandis said...

1. You crack me up.
2. I'm totally TOTALLY with you on 4 year olds (I have one and yeah, I get it)
3. Don't allow yourself to feel boring because people post fun things they do on their blogs. If they're like me, they post that stuff because it rarely happens & they want to document it. You're just fine.
4. No idea what sociologists do but whatever you do, you'll be great at it.
5. TOTALLY know what you mean about loving the mom/wife role but needing to get out & do something of your own. I'm the same way & it's tough to not feel guilty about that sometimes but we all need balance in life so you need to do what balances you.
6. I'm glad you found a good place for Joe to go. :)
AND FINALLY...
7. Whatever, I'm sure the people in your old ward miss you like crazy! I do! :) Call me when your craziness calms down & you have time to get together. We'd love to see you guys! :)

CGray said...

I'll tell you how much your missed girly! My parents came again to the ward and THEY asked where you guys were. We miss having Tyler as a Gospel Doctrine teacher and I certainly miss having an excuse to come visit you at least once a month. I'm sure Tiffany and I could keep it an on-going tradition. Casey and I had a blast hanging out with you guys and we'd love to do it again sometime, our schedule is very flexible. I know how you feel when you're so busy and you can't seem to take a breather from life and get away for a little while. It's hard when you're in school and working, but the time will come when you'll wonder how you did what you're doing right now. You are a strong woman and one that I look up to as an example. We all have our days, but remember there's a lot of people that love you guys!

McGee said...

Heather you're not boring! and Landon is so lucky to have a great mommy like you! I totally agree about Jake him and Jillian would be perfect! i was sadden so see him leave:(